PVT Simulation Course for Flow Assurance Engineers
Kuala Lumpur: 24 August 2020 - 28 August 2020
This course gives a comprehensive understanding of PVT and fluid phase behaviour for systems where solids may form. The course begins with a thorough introduction to PVT data, including how the data is measured, how to select the correct data for modelling, and how to enter that data in PVTsim. The introduction to PVT data also trains participants in discovering and handling data inconsistencies.
After the PVT data introduction follows equilibrium modelling for two phase systems (gas/liquid), which then expands to multiphase systems where water and solids are present in addition to gas and oil. Finally, the course will cover simulation of transport of wax forming fluids in multiphase (oil and gas) pipelines systems.
The course participants will use the Automated QC and the Automated EoS Apps which decrease the time required to generate a robust EoS model, all the while using Calsep’s recommended EoS modelling workflow.
The course is a mix of presentations and demonstrations in PVTsim combined with hands-on exercises using PVTsim Nova.
The following topics will be covered
Fluid Sampling and PVT report
- Bottom-hole sample vs Separator Sample
- Navigating a PVT lab report
- Selection of data to input in PVTsim
- Compositional Analysis performed by the lab
- Extended GC
- TBP Analysis
- Input to PVTsim
- QC of fluid compositions
- Equations of State
- C7+ characterization and lumping
- Input of water analysis
- Classical PVT experiments
- Separator correction for lab data
PVTsim Nova Apps
- Automated QC
- Automated EoS
- Separation process modeling
- Viscosity models and Non-Newtonian viscosities
- Regression to PVT and viscosity data
- Recommended workflow for EoS modelling in PVTsim
Common EoS modelling
- One EoS model for multiple fluids
- Modeling of polar components by HV and CPA
- PVTsim verification reports to accurately model water partitioning
- Water, Salts, Hydrate Inhibitors
Precipitation of solids
- Modelling of hydrate, asphaltene and wax
- PVTsim hydrate verification reports
- Single fluid EoS model
- Common EoS for co-mingled fluids
- Wax deposition in pipelines
Input for external simulators
- Compositional simulators: OLGA, LedaFlow, HYSYS, Pipephase, etc.
- Table based simulators: OLGA, LedaFlow, Pipesim, etc.
PVTsim Open Structure
- PT flash [water/hydrate/wax] using PVTsim Open Structure in Excel®
- Building customized solutions for Flow Assurance Engineers
Who Should Participate
Engineers engaged in simulations on petroleum fluids with an emphasis on flow assurance. The course focuses particularly on fluid and pipeline modeling in situations where solids formation poses a problem in hydrocarbon production.
Time and Location
The course will be held at Calsep Kuala Lumpur Office
Calsep Asia Pacific Sdn Bhd ,
Suite 19-05, G-Tower,
199 Jalan Tun Razak,
50400 Kuala Lumpur.
The course starts at 9:00 am each course day.
The course fee is USD 3,400 net payable to Calsep excludes all taxes. Course fee includes tea/coffee, refreshments, lunch, lecture notes, and software access fee.
Registration/ Cancellation Policy & Further Information
Full course fee refund if cancellation is received more than 2 weeks before the course starts. No course fee refund if cancellation is received less than 2 weeks before the course starts. For more information about the course or to learn if this is the right course for you, contact Adil Pottayil, Phone: +60 3 2162 6551