ONLINE PVT SIMULATION COURSE FOR FLOW ASSURANCE ENGINEERS [5-DAY COURSE]
The online course gives a comprehensive understanding of PVT and fluid phase behavior for systems where solids may form.
The course begins with a thorough introduction to PVT data, including how the data is measured, how to select the correct data for modeling, and how to enter that data in PVTsim. The introduction to PVT data also trains participants in discovering and handling data inconsistencies.
After the PVT data introduction follows equilibrium modeling for two phase systems (gas/liquid), which then expands to multiphase systems where water and solids are present in addition to gas and oil. Finally, the course will cover simulation of transport of wax forming fluids in multiphase (oil and gas) pipelines systems.
The course participants will use the Automated QC and the Automated EoS Apps which decrease the time required to generate a robust EoS model, all the while using Calsep’s recommended EoS modeling workflow.
The course, taught by experienced Calsep engineers, is a mix of presentations and demonstrations in PVTsim combined with hands-on exercises using PVTsim Nova. Participants will receive a PVTsim course certificate at the end of the course.
- Fluid Sampling and PVT report
- Bottom-hole sample vs Separator Sample
- Compositional Analysis performed by the lab
- Extended GC
- Navigating a PVT lab report
- Selection of data to input in PVTsim
- Fluid handling
- Input to PVTsim
- QC of fluid compositions
- Equations of State
- C7+ characterization and lumping
- Input of water analysis
- PVT experiments
- Classical PVT experiments
- Separator correction for lab data
- PVTsim Nova Apps
- Automated QC
- Automated EoS
- Separation process modeling
- PVT modeling
- Viscosity models and Non-Newtonian viscosities
- Regression to PVT and viscosity data
- Recommended workflow for EoS modeling in PVTsim
- Common EoS modeling
- One EoS model for multiple fluids
- Polar components
- Modeling of polar components by HV and CPA
- PVTsim verification reports to accurately model water partitioning
- Water, Salts, Hydrate Inhibitors
- Precipitation of solids
- Modeling of hydrate, asphaltene and wax
- PVTsim hydrate verification reports
- Applications of EoS model
- Input for external simulators
- Compositional simulators: OLGA, LedaFlow, HYSYS, etc.
- Table based simulators: OLGA, LedaFlow, Pipesim, etc.
- Fluid property calculations (Oil FVF, viscosity, Bg etc..)
- Addition of new fluids to existing EoS model
- Common EoS for co-mingled fluids
- In-situ reservoir fluid composition
- Allocation of produced fluids
- Wax deposition in pipelines
- Input for external simulators
- PVTsim Open Structure
- PT flash [water/hydrate/wax] using PVTsim Open Structure in Excel®
- Separator Optimization
- Building customized solutions for Flow Assurance Engineers
- Case Study
- Engineering case study to apply all the learnings from the course
Who Should Participate
Engineers engaged in simulations on petroleum fluids with an emphasis on flow assurance. The course focuses particularly on fluid and pipeline modeling in situations where solids formation poses a problem in hydrocarbon production.
The course will be held between 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM (Houston time) on each course day.
The online course fee is USD 2,500 and includes
- Soft copy of the course material – presentations, exercises, and fluid database
- PVTsim license for the duration of the course
- Course certificate
Registration/Cancellation Policy/Further Information
Full course fee refund if cancellation is received more than 2 weeks before the course starts. No course fee refund if cancellation is received less than 2 weeks before the course starts.
For more information about the course or to learn if this is the right course for you, contact Venu Nagineni | +1-281-759-0844