ONLINE PVT SIMULATION COURSE FOR FLOW ASSURANCE/PROCESS ENGINEERS [5-DAY COURSE]
The course covers classical EoS modeling using an equation of state (EoS) as well as modeling of the solid phases to be taken into consideration in flow assurance studies.
The participants will learn how quality check and characterize a reservoir fluid composition for use in equation of state (EoS) modeling, and how to tune EoS model parameters to achieve a good match experimental PVT data.
It will be shown how an EoS model developed for a water free petroleum reservoir fluid can be extended to handle water and other polar components, including hydrate inhibitors. Modeling of gas hydrates, wax and asphaltenes are other topics to be covered in this 5-day course.
The course participants will be introduced to Automated QC and Automated EoS model development. Those are features introduced in PVTsim Nova to decrease the time required to generate an EoS model.
At the end of the course there is a case study enabling the participants to familiarize with Calsep’s wax deposition simulator, DepoWax.
The following topics will be covered:
- QC of fluid compositions
- Equations of State
- C7+ characterization and lumping
- Classical PVT experiments
- Viscosity models and Non-Newtonian viscosities
- Regression to PVT and viscosity data
PVTsim Nova Apps
- Automated QC
- Automated EoS
Common EoS modeling
- One EoS model for multiple fluids
- Handling of mixtures with aqueous components
- Water, Salts, Hydrate Inhibitors
Precipitation of solids
- Modeling of hydrate, asphaltene, wax and wax deposition
Input to simulators
- Input for external simulators
- Compositional simulators: OLGA, LedaFlow, HYSYS, etc.
- Table based simulators: OLGA, LedaFlow, Pipesim, etc.
Who Should Participate
Flow assurance and process engineers who would like to make optimum use of PVTsim Nova in simulations where a proper handling of aqueous and solid phases is important.
The course will be held between 9.00 – 16.00 (Kuala Lumpur time) on each course day.
The course fee is USD 2,500 net payable to Calsep excludes all taxes. Course fee includes:
- Soft copy of the course material – presentations, exercises, and fluid database
- PVTsim license for the duration of the course
- Course certificate
Registration, cancellation policy and further information
Full course fee refund if cancellation is received more than 2 weeks before the course starts. No course fee refund if cancellation is received less than 2 weeks before the course starts. For more information about the course or to learn if this is the right course for you, contact:
Phone: +60 3 2162 6551