PVT SIMULATION COURSE FOR RESERVOIR ENGINEERS [5-DAY COURSE]
November 20, 2023
Calsep FZ LLC
The course covers EoS modeling from the stage of sampling until export of the final EoS model to a reservoir simulator or other third-party software. The aim of the course is to provide knowledge on how to best make use of the experimental PVT data to build an equation of state model for a single fluid and for multiple fluids.
The course participants will be introduced to the options for automatic QC and EoS modeling. These allow users to minimize the time spent on creating robust EoS models while still following Calsep’s recommended EoS modeling workflow.
The course will be presented in lectures and demonstrations coupled with hands-on exercises in the use of PVTsim Nova.
The following topics will be covered:
Fluid Sampling and PVT report
- Bottom-hole sample vs Separator Sample
- Compositional Analysis
- Navigating a PVT lab report
- QC of fluid compositions
- Equations of State
- C7+ characterization and lumping
- Clean for oil-based mud contamination
- Formation water
- Classical PVT experiments
- PVT experiments with gas injection (EOR)
PVTsim Nova Apps
- Automated QC
- Automated EoS
- Separation flowsheet
- Regression to routine PVT data
- Viscosity model and regression to viscosity data
- Regression to gas injection EOR data
- Recommended workflow for EoS modeling in PVTsim
- Single fluid EoS model
- Common EoS modeling [field-wide EoS model] for multiple fluids sampled from the same well/field
- Compositional variation with depth
- Fluid communication study
- Creating InSitu fluid composition from a depleted sample
Input to simulators
- Black oil simulators: Eclipse, IMEX, VIP, Nexus, tNavigator, Prosper/MBAL etc.
- Compositional simulators: Eclipse, GEM, VIP Nexus, tNavigator, Prosper etc.
- Other: Multiphase Meter input
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
Engineers engaged in reservoir simulation, production engineers, laboratory staff and others engaged in applying PVT simulation software for engineering calculations and for creating input to 3rd party reservoir and well stream simulation software.
The course will be held between 9.00 – 16.00 (Gulf Standard Time) on each course day.
The course fee is USD 3,000 net payable to Calsep excludes all taxes. Course fee includes:
- Copy of the course material – presentations, exercises, and fluid database
- PVTsim license for the duration of the course
- Course certificate
REGISTRATION, CANCELLATION POLICY & FURTHER INFORMATION
Full course fee refund if cancellation is received more than 2 weeks before the course starts. No course fee refund if cancellation is received less than 2 weeks before the course starts. For more information about the course or to learn if this is the right course for you, contact:
Phone: +971 4 391 3667