Reservoir Engineering PVT Course (5 Day)
The online course covers EoS modeling from the stage of sampling until export of the final EoS model to a reservoir simulator or other third-party software. The aim of the course is to provide knowledge on how to best make use of the experimental PVT data to build an equation of state model for a single fluid and for multiple fluids.
The course participants will be introduced to the options for automatic QC and EoS modeling. These allow users to minimize the time spent on creating robust EoS models while still following Calsep’s recommended EoS modeling workflow.
The course will be presented in lectures and demonstrations coupled with hands-on exercises in the use of PVTsim Nova.
- Fluid Sampling and PVT report
- Bottom-hole sample vs Separator Sample
- Compositional Analysis
- Navigating a PVT lab report
- Fluid handling
- QC of fluid compositions
- Equations of State
- C7+ characterization and lumping
- Clean for oil-based mud contamination
- Formation water
- PVT experiments
- Classical PVT experiments
- PVT experiments with gas injection (EOR)
- PVTsim Nova Apps
- Automated QC
- Automated EoS
- Separation flowsheet
- PVT modeling
- Regression to routine PVT data
- Viscosity model and regression to viscosity data
- Regression to gas injection EOR data
- Recommended workflow for EoS modeling in PVTsim
- Single fluid EoS model
- Common EoS modeling [field-wide EoS model] for multiple fluids sampled from the same well/field
- Compositional variation with depth
- Fluid communication study
- Creating InSitu fluid composition from a depleted sample
- Black oil simulators:
Eclipse, IMEX, VIP, Nexus, tNavigator, Prosper/MBAL etc.
- Compositional simulators:
Eclipse, GEM, VIP Nexus, tNavigator, Prosper etc.
Multiphase Meter input
Who should participate
Engineers engaged in reservoir simulation, production engineers, laboratory staff and others engaged in applying PVT simulation software for engineering calculations and for creating input to 3rd party reservoir and well stream simulation software.
Flow assurance engineers who want to be able make optimum use of PVTsim in a flow assurance context.